Working with React and TypeScript
An introduction to the development of React applications with Atom and TypeScript
We are about to develop the famous TODO App from the TodoMVC project using React and TypeScript:
In this post you will learn about the following:
- 1. Setting up the environment
- 2. Setting up the project
- 3. The basics about React components
- 4. Developing React components with TypeScript
- 5. Compiling the application
- 6. Running the application
Let’s get started!
1. Setting up the environment
We will start by setting up the environment:
Download an install Node.js from https://nodejs.org.
Install TypeScript and tsd using npm:
$ npm install -g typescript tsd
Note: use sudo if you are using OSX
- Download and install atom from https://atom.io/.
- Install the atom-typescript plugin for atom:
$ apm install atom-typescript
This plugin has some cool features like HTML to TSX:
Continue reading →